Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Friday, May 18, 2012

Daisy & Elm Jewelry Review - NIAW necklace

You may notice that I've never done a review on my blog.  Mainly because reviews are for those big whig blogs with a ton of readers, and they get free products to review.  This is not that situation.  I paid for this.  This review is unsolicited.  But I felt compelled to right a review because while my readership is small....it's very targeted to mainly my fellow IF'ers or former IF'ers.  And I thought you might like to know about this business (if you don't already know about it).

The business name is Daisy & Elm Jewelry and Rosaries.  And she can be found on Facebook as well.  I was introduced to her work by my e-friend Brooke during the ramp up to National Infertility Awareness Week.  She was looking for ideas for phrases to make NIAW themed jewelry pieces.  I had used the phrase "When, not IF" for my pinterest board of all things baby and loved the play on words with IF capitalized since it's the abbreviation for Infertility.  I shared this idea, and a necklace was made using it!  I was excited that my ideas was chosen and felt I must buy it!

It arrived last week.  First... let me say that dealing with Allyson at D&E was wonderful!  She sent me an email invoice to pay through PayPal (which links with your bank account, but she also takes checks for those of you not hip to the PP).  And once it was shipped, she sent me an email informing of it's arrival and to check my mailbox.  (Good thing because we only get out mail about three times a month with it being two blocks away.)

I have worn it every day since!  I have gotten several compliments, and gotten to explain (the short version of) our IF story to one person who commented on it's beauty.  Is it silly to say a necklace can give you strength? Maybe, but when I would see little children and feel slightly sad, I grabbed my necklace, rubbed the surface of "When" and thought to myself; "It will happen.  When, not IF".  The necklace is three pieces that overlay.  The largest circle says "Not IF", the smaller circle says "When" and the stone is of multicolors, most reminiscent of Pomegranate (The color of IF awareness).  I like that there are a few underlying hues to the stone, because the first day I wore it during the day with a red shirt (Looked great) and with a peachy/salmon colored sweater and it looked great with that too!

Oh, and it has an interesting clasp...instead of the classic hook & loop necklace clasp...it has a tube and a stick.  You insert the stick into the tube.  I was doubtful it'd stay on...but it's never fallen off in over a week of wearing it.  And the best part? My hair does not get tangled in it like it does with traditional clasps.  Do not be afraid to move into the future with this clasp.

I also liked that when I bend over and stand up, they click together - as if they are my dog tags in a war.  Because that's what fighting infertility is like.  A war.  There is sorrow.  There are casualties.  There are scars.  There is a cause we believe is worth fighting.  There are heros.  There is adjustment in normal society.  I wanted something to show the world I am a warrior in this fight.  There are other NIAW pieces in the collection listed under her category "perennials".  I encourage you to take a look, and consider Allyson at Daisy & Elm for any custom jewelry or rosaries you may want.  Because I know I am one very happy customer.
Picture below taken this Wednesday with the necklace on.  And close up of necklace.  Please, pay no attention to my thryoid scar I'm trying to hide behind this necklace! ;)
Sorry my head looks so huge, I suck at self taken photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment