Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Monday, April 22, 2013

This year's NIAW video....2013

I'm usually not a very emotional.  But this year when I sat down to think about what I wanted to make for this year's video for NIAW I suddenly became a puddle of mush when the idea came to me - I wanted to honor my support group.
Now, admittedly I am part of several.  There is a group of women that all met on The bump when I first started TTC - many of whom ended up having trouble TTC and went through infertility treatments.  But a few who didn't.  They are the Coalition of Awesome.  Many of them taught me what I know today about IF.  Many of them don't know that the wisdom I pass on is from them.  I lost touch with some of them for a while but in the past year and a half got into a forum to get to catch up again.  And it's great!  It's like hanging with your old college buddies.
And I'm still on the Bump's 3T page, and there is a recent group of regs who I'm starting to feel connected to; Cara, Naria, Wolfette, IntuitiveBlue, Curlylocks, Twinkie and more - but many are in their first year of treatment and so I feel more like a someone who was held back in school two years.  But they are a source of comfort and I do feel like I can be an educational resource for them having been on the board for three years now (three???).
But then there is there's my 75 ladies.  The one's I met not when I first started trying, not the ones that I've met recently.  But those that were all in the trenches with me for all of the past two years.  The time since I didn't have the naive thoughts of "This will happen quick."  The ones who have been there for the most severe ups and downs of our journey -and I with theirs'.  The girls I've hardly gone a day without checking in on.
And so I went about thinking, how can I honor them and educate the public on IF at the same time?  I spent hours making a spreadsheet, seeing where everyone was in their journey, compiling pictures, finding a song that fit our journey, and getting the wording right - but I think I finally got it.  Yesterday I posted it on my wall, and several have shared or are planning to share it.  I hope those close to me that hear me talk about "My girls", my husband, friends and parents included - finally see a bit more of just how much they mean to me when I talk about them.  That while I've only met a few of them IRL they really are now some of my closest friends.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for my shout out! haha! LOVED this video. My favorite one you've done yet. I'm sure your 75 ladies really appreciate it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kati, I don't know if you remember me from 3T (CGoldman96), but Sandi posted this on Facebook yesterday and I wanted to say what an awesome job you did! It is wonderful! I was so blessed to have 3T to help me through my journey!

    ReplyDelete