It's that time of year again dear readers! It's National Infertility Awareness Week!
If you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, you must be new around my blog or the IF world - check out previous April posts the last three years for great info, videos, etc if you want to see what I've done in the past or "come out" of the IF closet.
As for this year, I made my annual video (second year in a row where I'm honoring my support group). But what's nice about this year, is as a group we're not just trying to raise awareness but we're also trying to raise money for Resolve.org. It's taking that additional step! Link to this years video
First up was Jamberry nail wraps. A friend of one of my group made up a few designs to choose from with 20% of the proceeds going to our resolve fundraising. A handful of us I think got them, I can understand not everyone wants to wear their "advocacy" on their nails all out and proud if you will. But me? My nails have become like billboards these last few months. I did four leaf clovers for St. Pats. And last two weeks for the Blackhawks trip? Please (Man, I should do a whole other blog post on that trip). So these is what I picked - the "graffiti" design. My right thumb has "Infertility" "Warrior" stamped on it - LOVE IT! And I'm sure I'll have people ask about my nails, as they always do when I have something different...so this just gives me an opportunity to talk to even complete strangers during NIAW.
Next the Auction & Donation pages. If you are on FB look for us as: 75Strong Supporting Resolve.
There are items up for bid (Bidding starts on Friday the 25th of this month) There is jewelry, cookies, wall art, even a Coach clutch, etc donated to the auction.THIS is a link to that facebook page. For straight up donations you can find us HERE. I joked that even if just us in the 75 strong each donated $15 we would exceed our goal! But we're hoping to get outside donations as well - and we also know some in our group are dealing with financial hardships from IF costs or cancer treatments, divorce, etc what have you. So even if all you can give is $1 - every dollar helps build toward our goal.
This money will go to Resolve.org and then be matched. And the money is specifically for setting up support groups throughout the country. So others can know the love and support like I feel from my girls. WOOHOO!!
So happy for NIAW! While it's something that comes from immense pain, it makes me feel so good inside to know that our pain can turn into something good. The silver lining if you will.
So I've got my video, my nails, my FB and Instagram posts, our group's auction & fundraising, and I shared our story to another loss gal's NIAW blog-swap. (Will post a link when it's up).
I am feeling EMPOWERED!

I wish I knew about those nail wraps! I would have bought them. Very cool :) Happy NIAW!
ReplyDeleteI love the nails!
ReplyDeleteYou're so brave to talk talk openly about IF. An inspiration to so many other women!