So on Monday I had PT. It was fine but 4 hrs after I had nerve pain in my left forearm. What? Everything pre op was right arm. This of course freaked me out. And by ned time muscle pain, plus new nerve pain, plus small knife in my back pain and I started crying and just couldn't seem to stop. And this is where I wonder - was/is my attitude made worse by being perimenopausal? I am not normally a person who cries but my god it was most all day the 23rd.
Went to MD for clearance to go back to work and told him of new pain and was blown off. Told if I have nerve pain *just* from elbow to finger its probably carpal tunnel. Um WTF? First how convenient that it's the same pain and where it started on my right. And happened within hours of PT? And within weeks of spinal surgery on the very vertebrae that has that root nerve? Are you kidding me? Do you think I'm a moron? Throw in the dagger in my back and no - I'm not convinced. He placated me by setting up an appointment for a month out to see how I'm doing. But I really did not appreciate the blow off. So upset I had a cigarette. First one in six weeks and a day.
People in my acdf support group on FB told me it's possible it was just that the muscles I worked at PT swollen squeeze on the nerve so I calmed down and hormonally I felt so much calmer Wednesday (see I really do think peri has something to do with this extra swinging roller coaster) that we had a lovely Christmas Eve. I had done my PT exercises twice in Tuesday but only once on Wednesday and skipped Christmas altogether because -life, but back to twice a day Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday. XMAS Eve and day were exhausting from either being upright, visiting with people, preparing or hosting that I crashed xmas night at 745 with a house full of people and didn't care. Slept almost ten hours.
Friday, had PT and asked on the swollen muscles squeezing nerves theory and he said "it could be....or....not" great. Thanks. We did different things than my home exercises and I took my first muscle relaxer in two weeks. As I didn't want a repeat cryfeast come bedtime. I decided the next day to cut out one of five PT exercises (bending my ear towards my shoulder) as this hurts like a freakin mother fucker and activates the knife in my back pain like no other. I will tell Pt tomorrow to hear their thoughts.
I go back to work tomorrow and have PT at 4pm. We'll see how I do with both. But I feel it will be a muscle relaxer night.
No comments:
Post a Comment