So the Vegas 2x a year we've done so far, were 2018, 2021, 2023, 2025 - none back to back until now. 2026 will be the second year. Actually with Oct 2024, June & Oct 2025, and now April/Oct 2026 that will make 5 trips in a row. I love Vegas but for even me that's too much!
So I have informed Mr Juice that we will NOT be doing Vegas in spring of 2027! He reminded me that we had non-couole trips; he went on golf trips 2x a year both 2024 & 2025 and I went to Maine/Acadia plus trips to mom in OK so they are not back to back plus we've done the added nature side trips - Oct 2023 was Monument Valley, Page, North Rim GCNP (before it burned down 😥) and Oct 2025 was Zion and Bryce. And we have this springs upcoming nature side trip. But still 2027 will have a non Vegas couples trip!
But that does indeed mean our travel plans are Vegas end of March/beginning of April and his annual Oct Birthday trip. But for spring since the America the Beautiful pass is good until Sept 27th we are going to...
JOSHUA TREE NAT'L PARK & DEATH VALLEY NP!
I am hoping for a super bloom spring. We have flights, hotels and car booked. I have itinerary of hikes mapped out. About 6 miles a day in each. Where to be for sunrise or sunset. Ideas for dinner spots. It's all set. Woohoo! I got a scratchoff poster of all the National Parks with like 8? Maybe done so far so looking forward to two new ones!
We have not talked of adding anything to October and honestly we've seen most everything driveable except I recently saw a vlog about Great Basin NP in Nevada. Its a 4 hr drive North. From first impressions doesn't seem worth it. But I'll dig deeper to see if I change my mind.
But instead I've already jumped to 2027. I want us to go to Banff for 4 days in June for our 18th anniversary. It will be pricey because of stay in bucket list hotels but not even half the price of a gambling trip. I've already watched vlogs and have a tentative itinerary (with space to add). Since Mr. Juice doesn't not share my thought of such a thing as "too much Vegas" he's asked for a spring guys trip for golf. Knock yourself out. As he has way more vacation days than me and those two will eat up much usual spring/summer trip budget there may not be anything else the first half of 2027 but ya never know.

No comments:
Post a Comment