Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Perspective changes

So if you had asked me three months ago about holding off on treatments for seven months I would have talked like the world was coming to an end.  It felt like that for the first month.  But now that we're three months into our "financial break" from treatment it's gotten a lot easier to handle.  We had thought that if Jeff gets the promotion at work that we might do an IUI/Injects cycle in the middle of fall but but now I'm not so sure.  We still have some bills left to pay off, and his 40th birthday party to pay for, and Christmas.  Oh and a trip down to Oklahoma to see my folks for Thanksgiving - yes peeps the amazing has happened!  Target actually agreed to give me Black Friday off so I can have mom's cooking for Thanksgiving for the first time in four years.  I am so damn excited I can't tell you. 

So now I'm thinking since I've come to terms with holding off until the new year for treatment that we may just keep with that... but of course that may all change if he gets it and gets the highest amount raise possible (if he gets it the raise could be anything from a 20-40% raise OMG!)  If all the sudden we have that much more money I may say "screw being conservative - bring on the drugs!!"  I kind of feel like we deserve something to go right after all the wrong in the past few years.  OK really all that's gone wrong is TTC and me finding anything marketing related so I can use my years of experience in advertising instead of wasting away in retail these last two years.  But still, can we get a break please?  Karma did we do something to upset you?  I guess we'll see soon enough, he should find out by the end of the week.  Actually he was supposed to find out three days ago but since his company is always so slow to make hiring decisions, I'm not surprised they hadn't done anything yet.

But for now can I just brag at how great he is here at home?  I worked 16 hours this weekend.  As usual, he's making dinner (he does this on the weekends).  But I came home today after working 5am-1:30 and he had lunch ready for me, dishes done, kitchen cleaned, bed made and now while he's cooking dinner he's putting away the clean dishes.  Yep - this man is a keeper! My dad never did anything like that so I guess it still surprises me.

For now, I am looking forward to next weekend.  I have a three day weekend (Yep,  I got labor day weekend off too.  Suckers!!)  as we have the Founders wrap up party Saturday, a wedding Sunday, and a BBQ at his parents on Monday.  Drinking & relaxing are def. on the menu after this week - in six days I'm working 54 hours.  It's so nice to now have several things to look forward to in the fall!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope he got the raise!!! Have a great Labor Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete