Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Debbie Downer today

So it looks that cycle 12 is a bust and we will officially move on to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). I fear all that will lie ahead with this... possible infertility diagnosis, having to take injections, hormones wrecking my "normal" feelings, weekly blood work or ultra sounds to see how things are going.
One thing I hate, is that the procedures are so unknown to the average person. I have to explain to my mother (who is a nurse for goodness sake) what and why are the next steps. And none of my friends have dealt with it so it's all so unfamiliar to them. They want to seem supportive, yet they just can't understand. The worst is people who make comments without thinking, like "are you sure you guys are doing it right?". I know they don't know what to say so they are just trying to be funny, but seriously? Don't they know how rude that is for people who have been desperately trying to have a child of their own?! Obviously I don't wish infertility on anyone but sometimes I wish the awareness & knowledge was more common so that I didn't feel I get to be the "educational ambassador" for everyone around me. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment