I posted something similar to this on the bump but thought it fits what I'm going through right now so why not blog it?! My current alter ego is a super hero. I've named her "The Phantom Menses Symptoms". If you are nerdy enough, or heck it's pop culture anyway - to know the phantom menace from Star Wars then I'm sure you feel me. If you are TTC, then you already know what "phantom symptoms" are. Let me fill you in...in the two week wait between ovulation and finding out if you're pregnant or if you'll get your period you can have some "early pregnancy" symptoms that we call "phantom" until we find out if they are true or false.
Lucky me, I've not been too bad in the 24 cycles we've been trying. Sure there were a few months here and there where I was SURE that I was PG from the symptoms, but for the most part - I'm usually symptom free. Not so much this week. I had Thursday off to sit at home and google my lack of symptoms and sadly stare at my temp not shifting to tri phase. :( ...Welcome Friday! That morning my temp went up several degrees, I had dizzy spells at work, felt nauseous a little here and there. Saturday, same thing but lets ad my face breaks out, I'm peeing what seems like A LOT and have been really hungry since Wednesday...every meal I eat I think, I could eat twice as much! Today- Sunday - take all of Saturdays, but add that I'm even more moody! Oh and my back hurts even though I did nothing on Saturday to make it hurt. And now that it's evening, my boobs are a bit sore.
Oh yes people! I think I have every darn symptom there is on Internet lists! But here's the thing...I've had every one of these at some point on a cycle that ended up a bust. So my brain thankfully is winning out. I'm able to be rational about every symptom...I get moody off the progesterone almost every month! I'm diabetic, so I've always peed a lot! Oh and I'm almost always hungry!! Please! My face breaks out when I'm stressed and if someone tries to tell me this isn't stressful, I'm gonna smack 'em! Boobs, back, dizzy, etc have all popped their heads up at some point in the past. So I'm smacking them all down until I see other evidence, oh like say.... two pink lines!
No comments:
Post a Comment