Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Sunday, April 3, 2011

IUI - - - I'm, ummmm, Inseminated

So Friday morning was the IUI. We got a good laugh to break the ice when my nurse performing the IUI said"I'd like you to slide your ass to the end of the table....OMG, I mean your butt! I'm so sorry!! I've never said that at work." I just laughed as I said "Don't worry...my ASS is at the end of the table". It took her three tries to get the cath past my cervix...she said it was stubborn. I said "Why should my cervix be any different them the rest of me?" After it was over, Jeff winked at me and told me he loved me and then entertained me with jokes until the ten minutes had past and I was able to get up. I had cramping the rest of the day, but I have been having pain in my ovaries the previous two days from my egg follies being so big, so I was not surprised. I was happy to wake up Saturday morning feeling almost normal. I personally have no idea how I'll keep myself busy for the rest of the 2ww. I've started writing a letter to Kimmy in Germany but think I will hold of mailing it until we're back from Reno. So it's a several day process and she'll get to be part of the whole journey. I think it will be a really cool way to tell her we're PG, if this ends up being a positive cycle. I've called the letter "Adventures in Babymaking"- like a play on words of that old Elizabeth Shue movie from the 80's about babysitting. Jeff and I have been taking the "take it easy" advice to the extreme. We've picked up or are ordering food for the third meal since Friday morning. Oh and we went out for ice cream last night too. So if I gain some weight this week, I'll know it's not a early symptom...it's all the comfort food we're noshin on. But I'm back to a full 35 hour work week next week and hopefully with all the work, working on the Founders Run etc. will keep me busy enough.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, honey! Hoping this is it for you. Hope the 2WW flies by :)

    ReplyDelete