Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Friday, September 28, 2012

Hello back pain my old friend...you've come to give me pain again

So I went to the OB this morning for my not-so-annual pap.  I honestly don't remember when the last one was.  I had to have one before my IUIs started and since they reminded me that I need to have one that is less than a year and a half old to do one so I can't move forward without it.  Since they reminded me this in the spring; I assume it's been a good two years.  Oops.  I never went more than 13 months before facing IF without my annual, but it's like - hey I have a doctor in my crotch every few months, why bother?

Well with my one wacky-ass cycle and being six days late I decided fine.  Get the pap.  If all the HPTs are neg then this will bring it on (either by jinx and I'll have to cancel the appointment or by the scrapping of the cervix saying "wake up in there!").  And if while I'm there I give her my five theories and ask for a beta, p4, and thyroid scan and find out what those spots on my thigh are- all the better.  AND while I'm getting my blood draw take a few extra tubes for those required one's that yet again need to be done since it's been over 18 months since our first IUI (really just rubbing salt in the wound that we've been doing treatments for almost two years come this spring).  Yep, once again I get to have STD tests to prove I'm not cheating on my husband LOL.  We both joked if one of us comes back positive then 'Lucy, you gots some 'splaining to do!'

The bad thing about having an OB do these and not my RE?  Can't get results until tomorrow.  But looks as if I won't need the darn results because a few hours ago I started spotting and now the lower back pain hell has begun.  Here come the sneaky period ninjas to do battle.  The silver lining to all of this?  Now I won't have them join us on the end of our vaca in 16 days. Woohoo! But seriously?!?! A 32 cycle for me? Six days longer than over 40 of my cycles?  It's a statistical anomaly people!!  It's enough to drive this cray-cray girl back to temping if my predictable of predictables is no longer predictable!

Thankfully she told me the spots on my thigh, just ingrown hairs.  She recommended a warm bath every day. HA! I had to inform this woman that me and my bath are close friends.  I take a bath at least five times a week, and on a rare occasion twice in one day.  She said 3 times a day.  First off, for me that's three hours of my day because I take long soaks.  She then said just warm compress will do.  Darn, I was really hoping for medically prescribed prune hands.

So to end this long dribble...I expect all normal info to come tomorrow from my tests.  And a large drink in my hands tomorrow night to ring in the next cycle and drown those period ninjas.

No comments:

Post a Comment