Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Thursday, September 26, 2013

You know what I don't like? Non similar styles

So since my clinic doesn't do U/S on Thursday I had to drive 40 minutes out to Buffalo Grove office.  I'm so spoiled having my local office be just 8 minutes away.  But what I hated about that was not the time, but the different U/S tech because I wish they all thought the same.  Mine has the screen turned towards me so I can see as she goes along.  She also prints out my report and gives me a copy (along with pics sometimes).  And she measures everything 8mm and over.  Therefore my report from yesterday said I had 14 measurable follies and another four small ones.

BG's U/S tech had the screen turned away and only measured anything above a 11mm so she said I had 13 follies (one of the one's on my right clearly hasn't made it to 11 yet...I'm guessing it's the one that was 8 yesterday).  And she didn't mention if the four small one's from yesterday were still there.  So it's as if I have one person saying I had 18 yesterday and only 13 today.

Um, thank goodness I pay attention and know it's only the difference in what these two share.  And thankfully I see Roberta again tomorrow so I can be back to what I'm used to and like.

Then, I also had someone different calling me today.  Which since it's always the Highland Park IVF office that calls me with my med instructions I don't know why today was someone new. But she didn't give me all the sizes either.  Ggrrrrr.  And I had to actually *ASK* to get her to tell me my hormone levels.  My progesterone dropped down to 0.95 so it's below one again.  But my E2 also dropped down to 860 (Huh? It was 1108 yesterday?)  I asked is it normal for it to drop?  I thought it was just supposed to raise?  She said since my follies are still growing as they should be they are "not concerned".  Yeah, thanks.  Tell a IVFer to not worry is like telling the sun not to rise!  But I'll just let it go until I can ask Roberta tomorrow, she'll be open and honest with me.

1 comment:

  1. Yup! I'm with you on everything! We are already going through Hell trying to have a child, the least they can do is give us every little detail so we can keep on top of what's going on with OUR bodies! I don't want "fine" or "normal" I want the deets, people! I'm paying you big bucks, so give me all the info I'm paying for! :)

    I do love that the nurse I get most of the time always lets me see the screen and lets me know what's going on in my ute. If I an just get my TSH levels from whoever calls and leaves me the message instead of "it's in normal range" I'd be happy.

    ReplyDelete