So I know the last four or five post are all about my miscarriage and if you didn't know me you'd think I'm walking around with a cloud over my head (like Pigpen in Peanuts walks around with a cloud of dust - yes, I'm picturing you thinking of me as a cartoon). And I appreciate all the comments with sympathy and hugs. Yet I feel maybe I am beginning to be a little redundant. Yes, I will continue to talk about my loss. Yes some days (like yesterday finding out it was a healthy boy) are hard ...but then there is a new day and I've been fine today. Not to discount my grief or those still in a grips of theirs. Everyone has their own timetable for moving on. And I have not fully moved on yet.
But for me thinking ahead is important in life. Enjoying life in general is important. I am important.
So I thought I'd mention some things I'm looking forward to in the next few months.
Well let's start with right now. I have a three day weekend to spend with my man. We have nothing exciting planned - buying tires and maybe a dinner out. But I really love spending all my time with him. He is my best friend and even doing nothing all three days would be pretty damn great in my book.
Then there is the superbowl, and oscars awards, and Valentines day. Again, nothing planned - but excuses to do something, anything or nothing - TOGETHER. Then there is St. Patty's Day. Last year we went on a pub crawl with a bunch of friends. I don't do it often but there is nothing like getting your Day-Drunk on. I tend to spend most of the day giggling like a school girl and smiling from ear to ear so for that I am looking forward to.
The *trip*! Usually in the late spring we head off to Reno for the National Bowling tournament Jeff is in with buddies - but this year they are going in July and it's in someplace like New Mexico. Nah, we'll skip that as our July is busy enough with the fest we help put on. So instead we are going with 32 people on a bus trip down to Nashville to see the last regular season Blackhawks Hockey game. OMG if you know me much at all you know I loooooove me some Patrick Sharp and my Blackhawks. And three days in a city I've never been to, and with some friends along (and make some new ones?) Fun.ass.times. I'm seriously excited for this. (If not just slightly scared of how much we'll be drinking as the host of this trip makes legend-(wait for it)-dary bloody mary's and they're part of the fee for the bus trip).
And house hunting! And hopefully moving into our forever home! And who knows what else along the way.
So this is my way to say, yes I've been writing out my sad emotions because ~well, those are the ones you need cathartic release. That writing them out just helps to move on. But I didn't want my digital footprint right now to not show the full Kati. Because it is important when I look back in a year or two and re-read these (as I often do of past posts) and get the full sense of what I was thinking of. But for now, it's Thursday night and I don't have to work tomorrow - so I am heading out to have some drinks with the bowling folks and play some slots.
Oh house hunting!! I'm supa jealous! I wanna go house hunting! I hope you find your forever home :)
ReplyDeletewaitingforbabybird.com
Always checking in on you love. Good luck with the house hunting! Whereabouts you kids looking?
ReplyDeleteAlways behind on reading, but wanted to say this made my heart happy to hear you are feeling more like yourself and looking ahead to the future. That is always my big thing. I need to always have some sort of plan figured out for the future just so I don't get depressed when things don't go my way in the present.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned in the next few months (even if that includes doing nothing with your love)!