But damn if it doesn't come in handy when house hunting! We share a brain people!
We agreed we want a 3 bedroom, two and a half bath with attached garage. After that it's not must have but wish list.
Wish List
Master Bath en-suite has double vanity and if possible separate shower & soaker tub (which became the "norm" in the 90's so it's not too uncommon in the 'newer' areas of our town).
Walk in Closet in Master
Basement (either full or half, finished or unfinished we don't really care but we want something).
Open concept for at least the kitchen/living room
Hard wood floors on the main floor (or really good looking laminate)
And we don't like one story ranch or split levels if at all possible we want a traditional two story
And a kitchen without linoleum
Deck or paver patio already done would save us money & time
Well we found a house - and it has everything above. And cathedral vaulted ceilings in the entry way/living room, AND the bedroom! And high beautiful windows! And a bonus of an office on the main floor.
The only funky part of the house is just off the family room, they installed (repurposed) the closet doors to an office which was originally just an open archway...and for the closet doors they hung a curtain. Jeff and I were talking and he said he'd want to move the closet doors back to the closet, and turn the archway into french doors to close off the office but still have it semi-open. That is EXACTLY what I had thought! Down to the french doors. Ah, thank you same brain!
The problem? We said we could take our time finding a house. And we've only seen five houses. And I'm already falling in love. Like seriously people - I'm painting and decorating in my mind. And it's listed above our budget - but not by much and since it's a short sale we have high hopes we can get that price lowered by 15%. But can we? Our realtor thinks it's fairly realistic, but then it has to be approved not only from the sellers but the bank as well since it's a short sale. And it's only been on the market for 18 days so it's not been out there long. I need to remember this house could go away and be someone elses. Sigh. We're going to try and see it again on Tuesday with my FIL who spent his life as a carpenter to see if he sees any red flags. If no, we'll put in an offer and cross our fingers.
But look how pretty!



Beautiful!! Lots of luck with the house hunting! I still shudder at the thought of our home buying experience. It was a bit of a nightmare! But it worked out in the end :) I hope yours is nice & smooth!
ReplyDeleteLove that house- jump on it!! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteYou're right. It's beautiful. I'm sending you good luck!! And don't feel bad about it being only the 5th house - the house we are in was only the SECOND one we saw and we put in an offer that very day. Even though I wondered if we were making a mistake moving so quickly, I have been happy every single day that we bought this house. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete