Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Well two out of three ain't bad (as the Meatloaf song goes)

So I didn't get that job.  One could say I was again overqualified (since they changed the job description after I interviewed, as more of an entry level position and they kept talking about my success in sales.)  Or that since they asked for a salary requirement (back when the job description was more involved) and I asked for the going rate of what that job would be.  But off the current job description, I would have asked for 10k a year less!  We'll never really know why.  But of course I feel like I'm doomed in the job world.

I want something more than just Target - but much less stress than sales.  I've had the highest of paying jobs and the lowest!  50-60+ hours of work vs part time.  Why won't someone in the middle give me a chance?  Is it so wrong to want to work about 40 hours a week at a job that is challenging and yet I won't be stressing about it in my sleep?

But I will instead look at the positive side - Jeff got the raise & bonus, and sperm numbers I was looking for. So two out of three ain't bad.  Because really the job I want most in the whole wide world is SAHM (for you non IFers that's Stay at home Mom).  If we're able to get PG because we're able to cycle next month, then in 9 months this whole idea will be moot.

Focus on the good Kati, focus on the good.

1 comment:

  1. Your good is really good :) A raise, bonus and great sperm count!! Celebrate! I am praying that soon you will get the ultimate Job as a SAHM!!

    ReplyDelete