7am appointment on a Monday - clearly not the time to visit my office. They all seem to have a case of the Monday's.
Upon arrival I was told they needed the deposit (yeah thanks I remember) but since the 401K check arrive "No Problem!" I said with a smile while handing over five thousand dollars of our hard earned money. Ouch. But happy to do it if it brings us our miracle of science.
No wait time, Roberta - my fav U/S tech calls me back while asking the admin about her schedule. She learned she had two saline sonos scheduled for just 15 minute sections and it put her in a sour mood (which never seems to happen). But I digress... My U/S showed nine follies of measurable size and another 4 below 7mm.
Right Side: 10.5, 10, 10, 9, 8 and two others they could see that were "not measurable".
Left Side: 10, 9.5, 8, 7.5 and two others "not measurable".
She said my lining was five layers. Huh? I've heard of triple stripped but not five layers, but whatever.
E2 - 392
LH & FSH "Still nice and low as we'd like it." She didn't give me exact figures.
When I just told Jeff the results he said "I thought they found 19 on Wednesday, where'd they go?" So I had to try and explain that the AFC is a guide to how your ovarian reserve is not how many eggs they'll get. I said some people will have a AFC of 16 but end up getting 25 eggs and some people with that same 16 AFC will only get 5 eggs. I told him it's a crap shoot based on how someone responds to the meds and that they told me "more can pop up as the meds continue to work". It's sometimes hard to remember just how *much* info I have in my brain from years of reading eFriends stories that he just doesn't know. Yet I also know his eyeballs would bug out if I started to really go into great long detail and he'd just zone out if I gave him a billion scenarios.
He always tells me to fall asleep I should just "turn off my mind" but it takes me a good hour or more to "gear down" and it's best if I have the TV on because then I can not think. If I just lay in the darkness all that goes through my mind of the "what ifs" and a billion scenarios. Guys just are not like that. I think if I filled his mind with the billion possibilities, he'd get a window into how a womans mind really works but he'd just give me a hard time again that I worry too much. Where as to me it's preparing me mentally for what may come and I'd rather have that then be blindsided. But again that's the difference between men and women. He thinks a bit more in black and white where as I see the hundred shades of gray.
For me, I'm happy with three days of stims resulting in these numbers. I hope by Wednesday I can say "They see 16 now (instead of 13)" to him to show that more can grow. Until then I will just continue on with 150 follistim and 150 menopur. Next appt Wed. 8am.
So excited for you! Remind me of your estimated date for your retrieval and transfer. Also, you'll have to tell me how to get in touch with your 75 girls. There is no way I would waste any meds I have or PIO. Any extras, I'd gladly send out. Are you doing PIO? XOXO
ReplyDeletewow, great numbers so far! keep growing eggies!
ReplyDelete