So I've been searching the internet for tips, advice, or just general info and I've come a some handy information. And so that makes me scratch my head. I know everyone is different so to each there own....but here is some I think I'd like to share.
1. Yoga Pant are your friends. Yes the bloat is unreal. Yes, I've done the trick using a hair tie on pants where you loop it through the hole and over the button. But nothing. Nothing! compares to stretchy, comfy elastic. And prepare your husband for the fact that even in those the bloat will make you pull said pants down to your hips and let your big ole bloated belly hang out in the open. So.Attractive. Ugh.
2. Find what makes you poop I had not heard that *before* ER that constipation would be an issue but OMG. I know you PG ladies or newer moms are probably like "you don't even know yet" but seriously, going into stimming I wish I had known. I was told today from a IVFer to start colace before ER because it will only get worse. But for now I've found coffee is what is my sweet relief. I'd tried to cut out caffeine completely, but I do believe I'll need to just accept I'll be having a cup a day (and maybe adding a glass of prune juice a day) in order to survive.
3. Go Shopping before deep into stims I read this on another website, and a separate one said budget for eating out. Wish I had read these over a week ago. Both of these are good advice because frankly I'm too tired, bloated, uncomfortable to feel like cooking. Jeff has stepped up with cooking last night and today but he's been OK with getting take out or going out to eat a lot this week since I have no energy or desire to cook. I thought "I'll go to the store today to stock up on some 'ready to eat' foods for after ER when I'm home and really won't want to cook." (Jeff will be home day of ER but back to work the following days. And yet? Ugh, the effort of shopping was a bit much. I ended up just getting two soups, a few staples and leaving. Might be making Jeff do a run for me for a few more meals or just accept I'll be eating take out.
4. EWCM holy hell. I thought I had seen a lot of EWCM during IUI cycles but the sheer amount of estrogen that your body is producing makes it go nuts. On about day six? It actually felt like I'd started AF because I was so damp. Went to the bathroom and dear Lord didn't know that much production was possible! Another thing people don't seem to tell you.
5. You really cannot compare - but know you will anyway. Everyone has different age, hormone levels, protocols, diagnosis, etc that there is no way to really compare apples to apples in your cycle. But you're going to do it anyway. Fine. But just remind yourself over and over again that no one is in the exact same spot as you with your exact body, hormones, age, diagnosis etc. You will have your cycle develop however you will, you cannot predict based on others.
6. Ganirelix has dull needles Don't ask me why but others seem to agree. If you are on Ganirelix, you have to jab it harder in order to pierce the skin. It's a dull needle. Twice I've had it just bounce off my belly in pain because I didn't stab hard enough. Oh how I wish it came in a vial so I could use a 22 gauge needle, but alas it's not to be. So breath deep and stab.
7. Write everything down. I don't know how many former IVFers I've asked for their details that if they are over six months past their cycle they seem to remember almost nothing. And good, that's understandable but I want to be able to have this information to help others in their search for stories and information. Besides, it's a lot thrown at you day after day. Write it down.
That's all I can think of for now...
Plum juice is also good and tastes better to me. Keeping my FX for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this post!! I'm about a week behind you and I am going to take all of these suggestions to heart!!
ReplyDeleteomg! YES! Ganirelix needles SUCKKKKK! i totally thought i was the only one having an issue with them EVERY TIME. Because for my IVF, they actually switched me to cetrotide, and, that needle went in, no issues! (until it gave me hives). But yes, at one point last year i was in the bathroom crying because i literally jabbed myself twice and it STILL wouldn't go in!
ReplyDeleteAND yes, the CM is dis-gust-ing. just resign yourself to wearing a panty liner. every. single. day. UGH.
Good luck! Hope you are growing lots of eggies!
When I took ganerelix, I actually squirted it in another syringe and used some spare 27 gauges I had from the menopur. Problem solved!
ReplyDelete