First let me say that moving from doing desk jobs for over eight years to physical retail work for the last four years is clearly not good for my body. Long time followers of the blog will remember I have chronic tennis elbow. While cortisone shots can make the pain go away for six month stretches, I will most likely need surgery within the next year or two. I didn't know how cortisone might affect IVF so this is the first time I've said "Fuck it, I'll live with the pain." So that's hurt since my last shot wore off in early September.
And in July I developed what I believe is planter fasciitis in my left foot. So it hurts when I first start walking (when I first get up in the morning and if I sit for a while after a period of being up and around). I had hoped that the 12 days off work would resolve this (Since many sites say rest can clear it up). But I started working again on Thursday and damn it yesterday if I wasn't hobbling around like I'm 80 first thing in the morning.
Then there's that cyst on my left ovary giving me some pains here and there.
Then I got my period yesterday. Hello back pain and cramps.
Oh, and I've apparently developed stress bumps on my face. WHAT THE FUCK?! I've dealt with moving cross country on my own, being fired from a job, getting married, and four years of infertility treatments - not to mention last week waiting for phone calls and NOW once all that is behind me I get this?
So yes people...I'm sitting here with a hurting right elbow, left foot, left ovary, crampy uterus, back pain and and an ugly face full of bumps and the five pounds I've gained from IVF and eating takeout all the time the last three weeks from being too tired to cook. And I get to start stabbing myself again with needles starting with Lupron come Monday. Pity party time. I'd love to go back to being someone where my biggest physical complaint is a zit or a headache.


Feel better soon! And pamper yourself Lady!
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm hoping Lucky will make it all worth it! Hang in there & feel better soon!
ReplyDelete