In case you missed it, I wrote at 8am all about our retrieval day already and mentioned waiting for the call.
And it finally came at 11am. She and I talked for a while about how I was feeling before I finally said "And now for the good news??? Or I hope good news??" (That pause in the conversation made me almost have a heart attack.)
Then she told me; of the 13 retrieved...eleven were mature. Of the eleven mature, seven were fertilized with ICSI. I was a little bit sad as I'd hoped for a fert report of ten growing embies but reminded myself that those that didn't fertilize were for a reason: maybe my older eggs, maybe sperm chromosomal issues. Who knows? What I know is that seven made it. Whew.
She informed me that I won't get a report tomorrow, they like to let them rest in as close to a natural environment for a day in between checks. (My womb would be dark and warm so they leave them in the dark warm incubator). OK, she said "I can put if you want a report on Saturday." Um YEAH! But that report won't give me # of cells. Only how many are still growing. : ( I know other IVFers get that info so I was a bit surprised but she said again, they like to not disturb the embryos while they're growing as much as possible so they only take a quick peak under the microscope and count how many are still growing and cells dividing. But don't count the amount of cells? Oh well, trying to keep putting my trust that they want what's best for my little embies. On Monday they will give me another call with the stats of how many cells each of the surviving embies are and do assisted hatching before freeze. She said some might go until day six to reach where they want them for freezing.
Then we talked a very short while about moving forward. She said I'll be on the progesterone supps (was able to switch to oral instead of vag inserts since it's just to manipulate my body in prep for the FET). She said I'd be on progesterone to get my body to then shed lining and start fresh for next cycle for the FET and that I will be on lupron. Goodie - more shots. I was not on lupron before so this is something new. Hope it's cheap. I was slipped some estrogen patches from the nurse that called me the other day and said she'd try to hoard drugs for me. I don't know how much the lupron costs. I hope it's cheap, as I think now it will be the only drug I have to buy since I already have estrace, these patches she slipped me, vag supps, ect. She said for a FET in early November. So that's that. C'mon super seven!!
The Lupron isn't that expensive-- at least not compared to the stim drugs. If you are self-pay ask to use Freedom Fertility Pharmacy out of Boston. I just used them and they had good prices. That's awesome for your FET you only have to do the Lupron shots... I have to do those, PLUS IM injects for the estrogen and progesterone...
ReplyDeleteKati - It's JBDamonM from The Bump! Just wanted to let you know I"m stakling you through your IVF journey and crossing every little thing I have for you guys that this is it!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!