Having never done IVF and FET before this last two months I knew the "on paper" idea of what both entailed but really didn't know what it was like. For the IVF I was not aware just how all consuming it would be. Up to three shots a day and various pills etc with morning appt. and evening phone calls it really is something you think about non-stop.
Oh FET how wonderfully laid back you are! I knew it meant less drugs and doctors visits but I still thought I'd have a fairly one track mind. But with just the patches and one nightly shot the first eight nights I nearly forgot to do it some nights. Can you believe that? Almost forgot! Of course I didn't but it was nice that it wasn't on my mind so much. Less stress, less obsessing.
So what HAS been going on then since I have not been daily blogging? Well I started nightly ganirelix after my baseline on Mon Nov 4th as well as doing two patches of minivelle every two days. This was to both increase my estrogen levels (so that my lining would thicken up) yet suppress any growth of follicles basically to trick my body into getting it into the right spot to think it ovulates. That Friday I had my first lining check and it was at 5mm so I was given estrace twice daily (up the vag) aka smurf cootch pills to add and as planned we moved on to four minivelle patches for three days at a time for the following week.
This friday was my second lining check and I'm proud to say I am at 10.7! Never been this thick and fluffy!! Patches and estrace did their job. E2 was at 1594 yet ovaries are "sleeping" as my U/S tech said. So we are a go for FET next Friday. We'll start to wean down the number of patches and start progesterone tomorrow. No!!! The dreaded PIO! Argh! This is where the stress will begin! I *may* have Jeff do it but I'm going to try and keep with me doing all the shots (keep the control, plus he's never done any shots and is a bit squeamish). Need to go off to YouTube soon to learn how on earth to do self PIO.
But, you want to hear something funny? When I was told (On the table) what my lining was I threw my arms up in victory. She laughed at me but I was really fearing thin lining since I've had issues with that in the past. And then for some unknown reason I got "My lining brings all the eggs to the yard and they're like 'It's better than yours'. " My mind is a fucked up place people. SMH
I cannot imagine giving the PIO to myself daily but I know many people do it! The first few days suck. After that you kinda get used to it. Cannot believe your transfer is so close. Got everything crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteSO happy that your lining is looking good and that the FET is getting so close!
ReplyDeletei didn't think PIO was that bad. I was super scared at first. However, i don't think there's any way i could do them myself. especially on the side with my non-dominant hand... for me since the needle is so much bigger, it was much easier to have my hubby, mom and friend (bc my hubby has a crazy work schedule) give them to me! Good luck!
ReplyDelete