Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Monday, January 14, 2013

Start of IUI #4 - Baseline etc.

So today is cd4 and the day of my baseline.

AFC:  13 - - - 6 on the left and 7 on the right.  This is down from 18 last April, and 23 two years ago.  Man getting old sucks!  I guess it's a good thing we said this is the last year of trying since two years ago she said I had the "ovaries of a 23 year old" and today I am feeling very much my "Advanced Maternal Age" (AMA) designation.

So tonight I am starting 75iu of Follistim again.  I have plenty in reserve from my stockpile Bethany sent me.  I should have enough to do this cycle and an IVF cycle if needed.  If not, I will be passing them on to another OOP 3T'er, hopefully one from my support group on FB, if not then through the meds donation program on TB.

I go back in on Thursday (cd7) to see response after three nights of drugs.  Since that's a Thursday I worry a little about timing.  If they have me do two - three more days then I'll need to go in for monitoring on Sat. or Sunday.  I don't know that they'd let me go all the way until Monday with taking drugs and not monitoring.  I kind of hope so, because then I'd most likely be ready to trigger and have IUI on cd13 (Wednesday).  Whereas if I have to go in on Saturday, then I'd probably still have to go in Monday - which means one more day of costs ($280ish) OOP.

Obviously I don't want to risk my health - but this is all so expensive that if I could save a few hundred - please do!! Especially since our HSA this year only puts in $1,000 up front and then the rest is done per pay check instead of front loading it at the beginning of the year.  Because of some scripts I picked up for Jeff and today's $474 payment for the U/S and B/W we only have $600 left for the rest of the month of January.

One monitoring and the IUI should cost $500 and I still have to pay for the ovidril trigger (around $85).  If I have that additional monitoring that sends us over the edge and I'll have to pay out of our monthly living expenses.  Crap.  There goes any room of feeling comfortable this month.  At least all of Christmas was cash and there are no credit cards that will be looking for money.  Thank goodness for small favors.  Will update again after Thursdays appointment, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment