But let's talk crying. You hear people talk about pregnancy hormones making you all out of whack? Holy hell did that kick in this week. I thought I was hormonal *before* this week. Let me say - before IF I was a person who almost never ever cried. Like I could go six months to a year and only shed a tear or two over a movie MAYBE once. In fact in high school when I started birth control pills and cried once in front of my friend Joy she said "I'm just glad to see you're not a robot" (because apparently being so "stoic" as my mom likes to call me, I seemed un-human. Not this week!
I've cried at least two to six times a day this week (yes I just said six times in a day). Let's look back at some of the times to get a little laugh, shall we? I went to Hallmark to pick out Jeff and I's annual ornaments. My mom has done this for 35 year but in an attempt to lower their holiday budget now that my Dad is retired they are stopping the ornament buying. Getting the tradition passed down and doing it for the first time made me cry, and it's making me cry just thinking of it now. (Seriously feel free to laugh at me because I have.) Then when I went in to the emergent care facility and I said I was seven weeks pregnant, the doctor asked when my last month period was (this is a common question not only for all women but apparently for early pregnant women because I see it mentioned all the time on the First Trimester board on the bump). I started crying as I explained that because I did IVF without a transfer and the FET that I really don't know what they would or would not consider that for me but because of the FET I know the exact day I conceived. Poor guy got a lot more then he was looking for! But then I cried later sitting alone in that room, thinking IF took being able to fill in a simple box on a damn form. Will I be asked this at the OB's office once I switch from my REs? How many times will I be made to feel like a side show because I didn't have that? (And yes, I'm crying again.) I cried twice while talking to my mom yesterday over sentimental thoughts. And since it was my birthday, my husband wrote me the sweetest message in my card (que the water works!) I can't take all this crying! And since my husband is used to non-crier Kati he's looking at my like I have two heads.
And now, yes I'm going to be one of "those pregnant ladies" I will always try to actually write before putting this on, but I always dreamed that when I was PG I'd finally be able to fill this stuff out. So feel free to skim or skip. It might be VERY early to start a lot of this but I really want to remember everything!
How far along? 7w2d today
Weight gain/loss: up 3lbs
Maternity clothes? not yet (thinking of buying belly band after Christmas)
Stretch marks? nope, but trying to remember to start to use lotion every other day at least. Using Aveno. Mainly started using it all over body because I am very itchy.
Sleep? I can fall alseep really fast (compared to pre-pregnancy) but also wake up fully awake to pee and then again fall asleep as if I wasn't just wide awake. So weird. And as always loving taking a nap a day. I'm unhappy on non-nap days (but honestly have not had one of those in over a week).
Best moment this week? Seeing the heartbeat last Friday. Turns out Jeff and I were both fairly nervous but didn't say anything to each other.
Food cravings: Glazed donuts has been the craving these past four weeks, and since I work a lot of nights, the bakery comes and brings the donuts that didn't sell to the breakroom and there is always a glazed for me. No wonder I'm up three lbs!
Belly button in or out? Too Soon!
Movement? Too Soon!
What I miss? With this cold I really miss not being able to take Nyquil.
What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow we get to have another U/S and baby Juice will be twice the size of last week!
Milestones: Heartbeat!!! BPM was only 104 but they say that is common for 6w3d. I was just measuring 6w0d but they said that in first trimester there is a +/- of five days because of just how teeny tiny they are.
Size of a: Blueberry!
Bump/Blump Shot: These are from 5w3d and 6w3d. (See I told you I've become *that* girl! I know there's no bump yet and it's all just bloat and gut but I don't care. Forgive me that the level of zoom was not the same in each.


Happy birthday! :) So wonderful! I love reading this and am so happy you are pregnant and get to fill out the questionnaire! :D
ReplyDeleteYay for bump pics! Can't wait to see your progression!
ReplyDeleteI love the bump pictures! Happy belated birthday. :)
ReplyDelete