Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Friday, June 13, 2014

Five years of wedded bliss

Some of you may be thinking - Uh-oh, it's Friday the 13th!  Some of you might be thinking - uh-oh, it's a full moon!  All I'm thinking is - it's our fifth anniversary!  How did time go by that fast?!

Happy Anniversary Baby!  You are my love, my life, my everything.

The only thing that is keeping me semi calm at the idea that in days we will know if we are living child free forever is the knowledge that you will be by my side no matter what.  And I know, without a shred of doubt, that our life together will be good no matter what the future holds.  I cannot imagine going through this struggle with anyone else as you've truly been my rock.  You've held me so tight when I was at my lowest points.  You've made me laugh so hard I cry, snort, giggle like a five year old.  You make me smile literally every day (even on the worst of days when I didn't think it possible).

I think this is the first year we're not taking off work together (since we've had enough days off work the last week with the retrieval and transfer) so instead we're spreading our celebrating over today and tomorrow.  I know some people at his work are shocked that my my gift (I requested it!) is simply just a book (The new Diana Gabaldon - book eight of the Outlander series in hardcover).  But we're a couple that knows what's important, it's not gifts or trinkets.  It's the love we feel for each other.  We had said if we didn't get a home loan, we'd take a vacation for our 5th year.  And we're both thrilled to NOT be taking that trip.  To instead be getting our house that will hopefully be a place of great great memories for years to come.  It comes down to, there are so many more years to come - who cares what we do?  We're doing it together.  So tomorrow, we head off for the afternoon to a casino in Milwaukee - - - where I was living when we first started dating.  
I love you doesn't seem like words enough.  But I'm glad we tell each other every day.  Because I do - I love you truly, madly, deeply.  <3 p="">
Our engagement photo 2008

June 13, 2009

2009 at Sox Game

Fall of 2010

June 2011

Aug. 2012

March 2013

4 comments: