Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Keeping track of Take two on IUI#3

Just to be able to keep track how this cycle stacks up:

CD3:  AFC - 8 on left, 11 on right
Meds started?: Cd three through five 75ui Gonal F

Next appointment:  Monday for monitoring U/S and B/W
Thoughts:  I am surprised I need to go in for monitoring already on cd6, but then this is my first cycle that is all injects (last time we tried for IUI#3 it was five days of clomid and two days of injects.  But by cd12 I had three follies all above 17mm I believe so I guess they want to make sure I don't still too fast).  Plus, when I took clomid I would not start to feel anything in my ovaries until like cd8.  This cycle, last night I put the meds in my right thigh and today around 2pm I already was feeling pains in my right ovary.  So I decided tonight to put it in my left thigh to see if I then feel anything over there tomorrow.  Fun with science!

My only concern right now is money and timing.  Since I'll have monitoring on cd6, I assume there will be another monitoring appointment later.  Which means more money than usual.  Also - they never did more than b/w on cd3 before because "With being OOP on clomid you're doing the IUI no matter what so why not save you money".  I don't really understand why it's different now.  But I will be asking on Monday.  I told DH how I was worried about the extra money this was going to cost (but didn't mention that would leave less possibility for doing a fourth if needed).  But then he reminded me this year we upped our HSA by a thousand dollars - so we have more money (by a grand) than I thought.

And finally the timing...usually I have trigger on cd12 and IUI on cd14.  But this cycle cd12 is Easter (and I believe all of the offices are closed except for maybe their Riverside office that would take us over an hour drive) and cd14 is a important day at work for DH so we really need the IUI to be any other day if humanly possible.  I guess I just need to have a little patience, and accept that I won't be able to plan and map this one out just because all my others were predictable.  Actually, with the unknown factor - it's kind of a little more fun; if that makes any sense at all.  It's like if it was predictable and like the others - then it might have the same outcome (BFN) but since it's up in the air it might have a better chance.  Silly, I know.

3 comments:

  1. I am right behind you! I am beginning my first IUI this month...cd 3 on Monday for u/s and b/w and hopefully start Gonal-F Monday night. Thinking of you!! I too am freaking out about the timing because it looks like it will be right around Friday the 13th for us which is just a horrible date and the day after we have a wedding ughh...like you said, some things are out of our control! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Jeff's birthday is Oct. 13th and he considers 13 his lucky number, so we were married on June 13th so I'd have no problem with a Friday the 13th IUI. But I'm sure we won't need to stim very long so we won't get to do it then. It would have been cool if it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooting for you Kati! I never had to do CD3 b/w on clomid either, but always did with injects. I also found that my trigger day was usually much different on injects. Clomid I always triggered CD13, but on injects I know it was earlier a few times.

    I know it's impossible to take a deep breath and trust the process, but know you are in good hands with your doctor! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete