So in my blog post on Tuesday, I reflected how what I missed about WV compared to my life now...was the "same-ness" of it all. I know exactly what to expect here. Clearly, my husband has clairvoyance because what did he propose out of nowhere the very next day after hearing I had several days off work? "Let me try to take of Friday or Monday off and we'll go golfing."
Huh?! Wha!?
A) He's never taken off a work day when I have a day off just to spend the day together. We've only had the same weekday off when we go on vacation.
B) We've never gone golfing together. Ever!
When I lived in Milwaukee (and started dating Jeff) he knew that I was part of this group of girls called "Chicks with Sticks" who would play golf every Thursday night after work for 9 holes. And remember me talking about when Jeff and I first got together over Summerfest? When he and my friends Barb & Mike were driving up for the evening...Lauren, Matt and I were out golfing. But since I moved back home? Have not golf once. In over four years.
He looked at the weather report (it's supposed to rain every day Sat - next Friday) but today looked fairly nice. A cool 55 degrees, but sunny. And he was able to take the day off!
What's better than golf with your husband? FREE GOLF with your husband! We have a friend who is the food and Beverage manager for a club. And her son runs the whole place (Yes, he's someone who actually went to college and got a degree in something freaky like "grounds management" LOL). So we got nine holes comped. And the cart. Sadly, it was her day off or we could have gotten a few free drinks out if it too. On the way to the club, Jeff stopped off for Mc.Donald's Breakfast. I joked that he knew the way to my heart, and I was thinking of going all the way with him the way this date was starting off. LOL.
The only downside to the day was the last sharp turn he took, I had my coffee between my legs while looking up the address on my phone. Hot coffee all over my crotch!! OUCH! He was so apoplectic, but I just joked that he should be happy he has such a low maintenance wife - and now one who's cootch was coffee-flavored! :) In the cool breeze, it dried out by the third hole...and since it was just us two golfing...no one could see that it looked like I pee'd my pants.
We stopped off for two drinks in the club house to thank the son then off to lunch at Apple.bee's where I proceeded to have a few Kiwi Margaritas with my half sandwich and soup. And then home to take a (three hour?!) nap.
A beautiful and unexpected Day-date with the hubby. I guess I don't know what to expect now. :)
Oh my goodness that sounds so fun Kati! <3
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fabulous day!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like such a wonderful day!! Sometimes it's nice to have such unexpected surprises!
ReplyDeleteNothing better than a great surprise day like that. Glad you are able to enjoy your time "off" with each other :)
ReplyDelete