The first that comes to mind (And no offense to Wisconsin folks who say it correctly, but I only noticed it when I lived there) but people who say borrow, when they me lend. As in "I hope Kati will borrow me that DVD." Now, I know I suck at spelling. And maybe a little in written grammar too. OK, a lot. But speaking this out loud, don't people realize how dumb it sounds?
Slow, slow, slow drivers! Go at least the speed limit!!! If you are not, you better have your hazards on, or be slowing for a turn.
It's more a fear than a pet peeve, but clowns. Oh yeah....I'm one of those people. Clowns freak my shit out.
People who don't do their jobs. I have a very un-complicated job because of our lovely economy. And in all my years in advertising sales - I worked my butt off. So I continue to do so now, even if it's for just over minimum wage. Why? Because I have work ethic! Others, not so much! It's funny that my managers think I'm so great, because I actually *gasp* do.my.job!
People who grew up & currently live in cold areas always complaining and saying they want to move when it comes to winter. Maybe because as a Chicago gal about to get our first snow fall of the year, I'm excited (it's Mid Jan - that's crazy!) But I've heard too many people complain about getting snow or it getting colder. If you don't like it, quit talk about moving and actually do it! If you don't like seasons changing then move to somewhere that you don't get that beauty!
Edited hours later because....man I should never post so close to waking up! Talk about bad spelling and grammar!!
Ohhh yes, many of those are my pet peeves too. SLOOOOW drivers drive me bonkers! I hate when people don't do their jobs, its so annoying!
ReplyDelete