So for every IUI, I had blog information so I could look back and remember what happened. I want to make sure I don't skip out on that this cycle although I have not been good about it up to date so far. So here are the important stats for IUI #3 so far:
I started the cycle on Jan. 12th. At my baseline on the 13th I was told my AFC was 11 on one side and 12 on the other. (The U/S tech Roberta joked I have the ovaries of a 20 year old). I was told this would be a combo cycle of clomid and injects. I had been expecting only injects so felt a little let down that the majority of the cycle would still be on clomid. Oh well. I took 50mg clomid from cd5-cd9 (Mon - Fri) and did 75iu of Gonal F injections on cd10 & cd11 (Sat. & Sun) in the thigh as Roberta recommended. First night it was left thigh, next night it was the right.
Today I had my monitoring appointment for cd12. I have three follicles. One 16mm on my right and two on my left measuring 20mm and 22mm. My lining was 6.1 so they are again having me take Estrace vaginally for several days. (Oh goodie, Smurf Cootch!) And of course I will again be taking progesterone supplements orally at 3dpiui. The IUI is scheduled for 11:30am on Wednesday. I am to trigger tonight.
Today's blog challenge question is how I chose my RE. It's not a very exciting or interesting blog topic. I chose mine because there were three RE's within half hour driving distance, but his was the one that had Friday hours and allowed bringing in the S/A (not having to do it in the office). Since their stats seems similar, I figured what better way to pick than this. I really was not picking him as an RE at that point, just trying to get Jeff's S/A done. Then once we got the Dx of MFI off of it, I figured why go elsewhere? Once we met him, we agreed we liked him alot. Turns out a friend of ours used him to have her twins (She is single and over 40...not dealing with IF, just dealing with DS). I also know a high school friend that went to him and hated him. Said it was a personality conflict. But I heard this after we started seeing him. To each there own I guess. I recommended him to my friend Lauren, and she too like him. Turns out he delivered her when she was born! Talk about small world! She got PG with her second IUI with him so she loves him obviously.
I have actually not seen my RE since before IUI#1 for a consult. Since then, we've communicated through three emails and obviously the nurses talk with him after blood work and ultra sounds to decide how to move forward, but it's always the U/S tech and nurse whom I see and does the procedures. So it's a good thing I like them too! I have been told if this cycle doesn't work I need to have a consult with him (Since it's been over a year since we last met). Actually, if I get pregnant off this cycle I will need to meet with him then too so it looks like I will be seeing Dr. Jacobs one way or another in February.
No comments:
Post a Comment