Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blog Challenge:Day 25...real life IF'ers I know

Blog Challenge:  Have you ever bonded with someone IRL over IF?
The simple answer is yes - quite a few people!  First off, there are my GTG Chicago gals....Mari and Amber.   They both were going through treatments then, when I was still in the first six months of getting the Dx of MFI.  But talking with them the first few months, getting a sense of what might lay ahead was really helpful.  And since they both had twins, I keep getting a sense of what I may have laying ahead if I get blessed with two at once! LOL.

Next, is my close friend Lauren.  I've mentioned her before in earlier blogs.  How she started TTC about 9 months after me.  And how I convinced her to see a doc because I thought she had PCOS (she did) and how I recommended my RE to her (she went) and how now she's PG (after IUI #2).  There were those five months where we were both Dx as infertile together.  But since it was different Dx, and her journey was over so quickly, I don't think she really knows the extent of pain.  And how what she says now as a pregnant women can still really hurt.  It's great she got PG so quick, but at the same time - she just doesn't fully get it.

And because we are so open about our IF, I also have learned three women I work with and a family friend all dealt with it to have their children...but back in the 90's.  It's amazing how with the passage of time, they seem to think of everything as fairly simple or make comments about how "there must be great advancements".  I'm sure there have been some, but it's still really difficult!  I wish I didn't feel they were minimizing IF so simply.  And I know they are trying to give me hope...but they brush their IF aside so quickly like "It took over two years to get PG with her.  But you'll get PG soon."  First off, we don't know that it will ever work...there is that chance that it won't.  Secondly, two years is a long time!  And now I'm at the two and a half year mark!  Don't brush it off like it was nothing!  I swear, when I do finally get success...I will never make comments like that to other IF'ers.  I will always first tell them how sorry I am, that I know the pain and uncertainty. 
Wow, this post was supposed to be about bonding - but it's been more about me saying how the people IRL did it wrong!  I don't mean to...they all did help and give me hope.  I guess I just feel alone in the continued struggle sometimes...like everyone has success, and forgets us left behind so easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment