Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Monday, January 9, 2012

Blog Challenege: Day Nine. 5 from Bucket List

This is a tough one for me to think of...Five things I want to do before I die. 

1)I guess I'd like to own a house outright.  We currently rent, and with IF, it will probably be a few years before we can buy.  And with a 30 year mortgage...I'll be over 65 by the time that house is paid off.  So I think once we decide to buy we'll be buying the only house we'll ever own.  And if finally having a car that I've paid off felt so go, I can only imagine a house feels 10x that.  My parents were 60 when they lived in a house they actually paid off and my mom said it was the best feeling in the world.

2)I hate to admit it, but I've never visited New York City.  I flew through there once on my way to Europe, and I was in NJ for my cousin's wedding.  But just have not gone to NYC.  I'd like to go to ground zero and pay my respects.  I'd like to do the cheesy tourist things like see Times Square, and go to the top of the Empire State building.  I want to walk around Central Park.  It's just so much apart of American lexicon that I feel in a way that I've been there....but I really want to see it for myself.

3) Skydive?  I've wanted to do it since I was 16.  But for some reason, now that I'm married I've gotten afraid of the idea.  Like I have someone to live for.  And if I have kids, I'm sure that will increase.  But there is still that little dare devil voice inside me that says "You know you want to do it!".  I've done cliff diving (which was fun, but no need to do again.) And when I lived in WV, I LOVED the four times we went white water rafting on the highest level rapids.  There is just something I love about the rush!  My brother was going to pay for us to do it as a high school graduation gift - but my parents found out and said "Not when you're on our insurance!"

4)  Go to the Sundance Film Festival.  My Aunt owns a townhouse in Park City Utah .  Sometime when I have enough money for flight, food, and fun I want to ask to go.  It's coming up in a few weeks and every year I'm so jealous that they  have the choice to go if they want.  I was a radio, TV & film major in college and if I had the stones I would have gone into directing but didn't so.... at least this would be a taste of seeing others that have fulfilled that dream.  (Kevin Smith is my hero).

5) I've been thinking on this and really can't think of a fifth so I'll just cop-out and stick with the trip to Ireland and Scotland trip that I mentioned yesterday.  My favorite book series of all time is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and the first several books are set in Scotland, and it paints such a picture of it that I'd love to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment