Day 22 - What was the first baby or pregnancy-related purchase you ever made? Was it before or after you started trying to conceive? Or was it after you were already pregnant? Why did you choose that particular item to buy first? If you haven’t purchased anything yet, why not?
I don't know why, but I'm one of those that thinks it's bad lucky to purchase anything before you are actually pregnant. So for two and a half years, I have not bought a single thing. Nothing. But sadly, that doesn't mean we don't have a small collection of "stuff" for imaginary baby. Jeff's sister Jori decided that she was done having kids, and since my MIL bought her the furniture - she felt it should go to us. So we have a changing table in our guest room. And a crib in SIL's basement waiting for when we need it. (*Personally I wish she had left the changing table there too because I hate seeing it and just having to dust it every six months.) But it's a classic cute white set, and once we actually need them - I am happy we have them. My only worry is if we have twins or trips and need to find more that will match OK. Oh well, cross that bridge when we come to it.
We also have a baby monitor system. Sadly, it's from when my grandfather was close to death and my mom bought it to hear if he fell out of bed so started moaning in pain. And then she gave it to me. *Cringe* I don't want to think of my grandfather in pain every time I turn on a baby monitor! But I figure, I could not tell her that when she first gave it to me and was mourning her dad! But once we get PG and get around to having a shower...more than three years will have passed and it won't hurt her when I tell her. In fact, I'm sure she'll understand.
And of course, we have many friends that have kids that have mentioned outfits and things they'd love to give us one we have our little one (Like white sox onsies!). But until that day comes, I am fine with having not bought a single thing. I want to have the joy of once I see those two pink lines, going out and buying that first item.
No comments:
Post a Comment