Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Ice bar in Vegas 2012

Monday, January 2, 2012

Blog Challenge- Day Two: What's in your Handbag

My mother in law refers to my purse as "the magical purse".  Because I have a smaller purse than most everyone I know, and yet I'm always pulling anything anyone needs out of it.  I HATE large purses, and fear that it's a side effect of becoming a mother.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take that side effect!  But hope that I can keep my medium size bag, instead of on of those gigantic suckers.  Besides, that's what a diaper bag is for!  So...what's inside this "magical bag"?

First of course is the wallet for obvious reasons.  Next, is a little 3inch x2 inch book that my friend got me.  It's awesome because you open it and it's a note pad on one side and an accordion file on the other - in the files I have coupons, stamps, a few pictures, and I still carry my two must haves from my wedding planning - a post-it with the cost breakdown and a contact list of all the vendors.  I can't tell you how often in the past two and a half years since we got married that someones been planning a wedding and asked "who'd you use for alterations and what'd it cost?" or something similar.  I whip out my book and tell them.  I know I should let it go and put it in a scrap book but just have not gotten around to it.  I also have a calendar, pen, and checkbook in there.

The next important thing is my camera and extra batteries.  I am a former photo junkie!  I don't take as many the past few years but I've gotten many a shots when someone said "I wish I'd brought my camera!" And I pull mine out.  But with my new smart phone black berry, I have a feeling my camera will see much less use. 

The rest I consider basic purse stuff...gum, lip gloss, tide stain stick, band aids, comb, Advil, a safety pin, sunglasses.  OK, alright....maybe not everyone carries a USB jump drive - but I think they should.  And sadly, because of my stupid retail job (thanks bad economy) I also have my Target name tag and a band for my tennis elbow.  And all of this fits into my black leather Liz Claiborne purse that looks similar to the pic below (only black). 

No comments:

Post a Comment