What do you use the “nursery” for right now?
Well, because of paying for fertility treatments and so on, we have decided to stay in our townhouse rental until at least March 2013 (we signed a year and a half lease with our landlord in order to get one month free; which was my idea. The lease runs out right when DH gets his annual bonus - which would be used for a home down payment someday.) It's a split level (actually
four levels: The entryway & garage have the Loft and our bedroom suite above it. But go up a few steps from the entryway and it's our living room & kitchen. Go a few steps down from the entryway (below living room and kitchen) is what I call the "Man's Den", second bathroom, laundry room and guest room.
This is my view of the loft from the couch.
Because I would not want to walk down three levels from our bedroom and across the house to get to our phantom baby, we have agreed that if we got PG and had the baby before March 2013 (So we'd need to get PG by this summer), we would use the loft as a nursery. It's right next to our bedroom and looks out over the living room. Currently it is our "office". It has an "L" shaped desk and a book case. We would move these down into the Man's Den and put the crib going along the wall to the left, the changing table in the middle of the wall with the door to our bedroom. And if I feel there is room, a rocker chair & foot stool. (I have not measured the crib we will get from SIL but the changing table is downstairs in our guest bedroom currently). If we happen to have twins...then we will have the two cribs end to end from the wall to the door and hope the changing table will fit along the wall to the left because obviously we don't want it too close to the railing. We figure this situation would work well enough until we move out (which we hope will be March 2013, but if finances dictate we stay here, we figure it's fine until the child is out of the crib and in a toddler bed. And then if we needed to change the Man's Den into a bedroom/play room we could. Or we could just do away with our guest bedroom.
I admit, I have even contemplated putting two rings in the ceiling, then hanging a curtain rod from them and putting up a curtain so that the baby would be enclosed from the living room. That way I could close it or pull it back and have it tied back.
We've lived here for almost four years, so yes - I have had plenty of time to really think about this. So there you have it...what we currently have in our future "nursery" and what I'd do to turn it into one.
No comments:
Post a Comment