Day 30 -Tell us about a friendship you lost or a relationship that changed for the worse because of infertility.
Wow, what a depressing way to end the challenge! I don't want to say I've seen a lot of drama queens on the boards - but it's so true. Even people you think you've gotten to know can some times go a little cray-cray! And so I can see how this may happen to others. But really I cannot think of a relationship lost. And yes, some have changed...but for the worst? No. Whatever changes have happened in my relationships were true an organic in nature. No one has said anything so outrageously mean spirited that it changed our relationship. Every comment has been well-meaning (even if it hurts).
So instead I wanted to look at how my relationships have changed for the better.
*crickets*
Sadly, I can't really think of that either! Sure, my friends that have kids (all under 3 years old) call a bit less (Which is totally understandable when you have so much less "me time"). And yes, sometimes they don't have much else to talk about then their kid -but I can see how I might get that way once I have one. Hell I sometimes feel all I can talk about is my infertility! But eventually we find other things to talk about (even if it's just reminiscing about the past).
So I guess what I'm saying is yes, some of my friendships have changed slightly. But not for the better. And not for the worst. Just because time changes situations, and you adjust. And thankfully, IF has not changed my relationship with Jeff, my parents, his parents, etc.
I have enjoyed the blog challenge, it forced me to think about things I wouldn't have posted on my own about and post more often. I actually wish there was some "Random topic" blog roll for those times when I feel like blogging, but I am uninspired. I think this has motivated me to seek out topics that make me be introspective or share more about myself than just my IF. I hope I have not bored you guys to much with this 30 day experiment.
Not bored at all! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete